We want to inform you that whenever you use our Website, in a case of an error in the app we collect data and information (through third party products) called Log Data. This Log Data may include information such as your device Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, device name, operating system version, the configuration of the app when utilizing our website, the time and date of your use and other statistics.
Magnatech will store and process the Personal Information in a manner consistent with industry security standards. Magnatech has implemented technical, organizational and administrative systems, policies, and procedures to help ensure the security, integrity and confidentiality of Personal Information and to mitigate the risk of unauthorized access to or use of Personal Information, including:
- (i) appropriate administrative, technical and physical safeguards and other security measures designed to ensure the security and confidentiality of the Personal Information it manages.
- (ii) a security design intended to prevent any compromise of its own information systems, computer networks or data files by unauthorized users, viruses or malicious computer programs.
- (iii) appropriate internal practices including, but not limited to, encryption of data in transit or at rest; using appropriate firewall and antivirus software; maintaining these countermeasures, operating systems and other applications with appropriate reasonable up-to-date virus definitions and security patches so as to avoid any adverse impact to the Personal Information that it manages; appropriate logging and alerts to monitor access controls and to ensure data integrity and confidentiality; permitting only authorized users access to systems and applications.
- (iv) all persons with authorized access to Personal Information must have a genuine business need-to-know prior to access (‘Security Program’).
Magnatech maintains adequate training programs to ensure that its employees and any others acting on its behalf are aware of and adhere to its Security Program. Magnatech shall exercise necessary and appropriate supervision over its relevant employees to maintain appropriate confidentiality and security of the Personal Information it manages.
To the extent that Magnatech’s processing of Personal Information is subject to the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) or to the Data Protection Act 2018 and the GDPR as saved into United Kingdom law by virtue of Section 3 of the United Kingdom’s European Union (Withdrawal) Act 2018, Magnatech relies on its legitimate interests, described above, which are not overridden by your data protection interests, to process Personal Information. Subject to applicable laws, Users also have the right to:
- (i) access and rectification or erasure of Personal Information, to the extent that Magnatech may need to retain certain Personal Information, including for record keeping purposes or to comply with legal obligations.
- (ii) restrict or object Magnatech’s use of Personal Information (though, in some cases, this may mean no longer using the Webportal) where Magnatech is relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about User’s particular situation which impacts on User’s fundamental rights and freedoms.
- (iii) lodge a complaint with their local data protection authority.
- (iv) data portability. Users will not have to pay a fee to exercise such rights, however, Magnatech may charge a reasonable fee or refuse to comply if the request is unfounded, repetitive or excessive.
We reserve the right to change, modify, or remove the contents of the Website at any time or for any reason at our sole discretion without notice. However, we have no obligation to update any information on our Website. We also reserve the right to modify or discontinue all or part of the Website without notice at any time. We will not be liable to you or any third party for any modification, price change, suspension, or discontinuance of the Website.
In no event will we or our directors, employees, or agents be liable to you or any third party for any direct, indirect, consequential, exemplary, incidental, special, or punitive damages, including lost profit, lost revenue, loss of data, or other damages arising from your use of the Website, even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages.
You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold us harmless, including our subsidiaries, affiliates, and all of our respective officers, agents, partners, and employees, from and against any loss, damage, liability, claim, or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees and expenses, made by any third party due to or arising out of:
- (i) your Contributions.
- (ii) use of the Site.
- (v) your violation of the rights of a third party, including but not limited to intellectual property rights, or
- (vi) any overt harmful act toward any other user of the Site with whom you connected via the Site.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, we reserve the right, at your expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter for which you are required to indemnify us, and you agree to cooperate, at your expense, with our defense of such claims. We will use reasonable efforts to notify you of any such claim, action, or proceeding which is subject to this indemnification upon becoming aware of it.
Any questions or complaints regarding this Policy or Magnatech’s handling of Personal Information can be addressed to Magnatech’s customer service at:
Magnatech Travel Management Solutions
Attention: Privacy Officer
505 – 1255 Phillips Square
Montréal (Québec) H3B 3G1
Our Data Protection Officer will attempt to respond to your request within the legally applicable timeframe, and in any case no later than 30 days after receipt of such request. We will advise you in writing of our response to your request. Should we refuse to grant your request, we will inform you of the legal reason of our refusal, and we will apprise you of remedies available to you and of the time limit for exercising them.
Magnatech will review and update its policies and procedures as required to keep current with rules and regulations, new technologies, standards and User concerns. This Policy may therefore change from time to time.